I’m not normally the recipe sharing type… I have way to many crafts and projects I am passionate about to share rather than cooking. However I am pretty sure my pregnancy has made me a nesting machine and in doing so I have been spending more time in my kitchen trying out a bunch of new things.
About a week ago I came across this yummy looking recipe that combined buffalo chicken and lasagna in a crock pot from Domesticated Momma. I was immediately interested! I love buffalo chicken and it was the one thing I craved with baby #1 so this was definitely on my list to make.
Yesterday we made the lasagna and it was fantastic! Everyone in the house loved it and have been sneaking back to the kitchen to grab a few extra bites all night. Thanks to Nicole from Domesticated Momma for allowing me to share such a fabulous recipe with you.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cooked and chopped – I chopped my very fine)
- 1 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 828ml of pasta sauce
- Uncooked lasagna noodles
- Tub of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of water
- add in 2 sweet bell peppers (not a fan of those in our house so we skipped it)
- We used more cheese than we required too
- In a bowl combine the chicken, buffalo sauce & pasta sauce – this will be called the sauce from here on
- Spray your 5 qt slow cooker with non stick spray
- Ladle a large spoonful of your sauce to cover the bottom of the crock pot
- Add a layer of noodles – you will need to break them up. We like lots of noodles so we doubled up on this step
- Spread a layer of ricotta cheese across the noodles
- Add bell peppers
- Top with cheese
- Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients.
- On the final layer top with sauce and cheese
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over your lasagna
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2.5 to 3 hours.